Asbestos is a material that should never be touched by our bare hands. There is a reason behind this and the reason is that is easy to get it crumbled which escapes toeing the atmosphere by even the slightest of touches. Now assume that you just saw the presence of asbestos in your home and by mistake the material gets crumbled, mixes with the atmosphere leading to you inhaling. Now, instead of panicking, the first thing you should do is take some time out and think about the exposure duration. Once you’ve done this, these are the things you should do immediately.
- Don’t Smoke – Smoking has always been one of the key reasons leading to lung cancer. The situation becomes worse once asbestos enters the lungs. So, if you are a regular or partial smoker, consider quitting completely for good.
- Go to a Doctor – Along with quitting smoking, it is also important to visit a doctor. Make sure the doctor tells you to get x-rays of the chest, lung function tests, and more. These tests may not exactly reveal the presence of asbestos however, it helps in the detection of lung cancer.
- A Single Visit isn’t Enough – A single visit to the doctor isn’t going to be sufficient enough in terms of getting rid of asbestos. Make sure you are in constant touch with the doctor either going physically or over the phone if there are symptoms such as chest pains, difficulty in breathing and swallowing, etc.
With these tips you should also focus on hiring a professional company that deals with asbestos removal in Newcastle, NSW and other parts of Australia.